Jan-Feb 2021 Writing Contest
New Year, New Beginnings! Let’s be bold and meet 2021 by celebrating Joy!
Prompt: We are accepting all submissions on the theme of Joy.
- What brings you joy?
- How do you express joy? How do you find it? Is it difficult or simple?
- What does joy look like, feel like, sound like, etc?
- What can we do to share joy?
- Stories, true or fictional, about joyful moments, stories about sad moments where joy managed to sneak in, stories that capture the essence of what joy is…
- Any or none of the above are fair prompts — express how you wish, as long as you address the theme in some way.
This month’s contest is open to ALL FORMS OF CREATIVE EXPRESSION:
- Short Fiction (650 words or fewer)
- Short Nonfiction/Personal Essay (650 words or fewer)
- Other artistic expression (Painting, pencil sketches, pastels, watercolor, sculpture, ceramics, etc.)
- Short film (5 minutes maximum)
- Original music recordings, instrumental or vocal
- Original dance performance recordings
- Anything else that you see as an expression of your own creativity and JOY!
Winners will be chosen by the literary magazine staff, but all submissions will be published in our digital magazine!
A GIFT CARD WILL BE AWARDED TO A CHOSEN WINNER EVERY MONTH!
Submission deadline: February 12, 2021
To read submissions collected for this prompt, click here: